I'm REALLY looking forward to the end of May bank holiday weekend this year. After all the fun at Brighton VegFest in March, there is now Bristol VegFest 2013 to get excited about. The festival is pretty much the veggie event of the year, and it's also virtually sold-out. The organisers think the horsemeat scandal has given rise to a massive increase in interest into all things vegan - which is good news for animals, and for all the amazing vegan businesses that will be there.
As well as exceptional, big-time artists and performers like the Happy Mondays (YES! Madchester comes to Bristol! I first saw the Mondays at a free gig in Manchester's Platt Fields Park, when I was 17!), Caravan Palace, Peter Hook, Macca B, and many more - there are going to be over 120 stalls at Bristol Vegfest 2013 representing all things vegan and animal-friendly.
Some of the great stalls (in no special order, since I wish I could mention them all as each is worthy) include Wheaty (famous for their vegan doner kebab, if you saw my post about Brighton), Dragonfly Foods, Fry's Vegetarian, Redwood Foods, and Vegusto (who make the best vegan cheeses known). Then there will be vegan shoes and clothes stalls (like Wills Vegan Shoes), stalls promoting campaigns, charities and animal rescues (like Cariad Campaign, and Sea Shepherd), and also, stalls representing other wonderful vegan businesses - from cosmetics to cookery courses.
The festival provides a great opportunity to come and find out what veganism is about if you're vegan-curious, and for vegans - it's a fabulous occasion to stock up on vegan goodies, meet like-minded folks, celebrate being vegan and have much, much fun.
And if you haven't exhausted yourself checking out what's on offer and gobbling up all the free samples (believe me, you can easily fill yourself up on these), then there are cookery demos, comedians, performance artists, poets, films, and all kinds of presentations and talks to get involved in. You will be spoilt for choice, and are bound to have to make some difficult decisions on what you're going to pick!
If Brighton VegFest was anything to go by, then Bristol VegFest is going to be absolutely blinding. Be there, or be squarer than a square thing.
£2 each day, on the door - Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th day-time (day-time admission on Sunday includes evening headlie acts).
24th May (evening): CARAVAN PALACE - £15 plus booking fee, tickets in advance only.
25th May (evening): HAPPY MONDAYS, THE FARM, 808 STATE, PETER HOOK DJ SET - £25 plus booking fee, tickets in advance only.
26th May (evening): THE ABYSSINIANS, MACKA B - £5 on the door after 6pm, or in advance.
WIN tickets for Caravan Palace!
And the best news yet? Even though tickets are now thin on the ground to the festival events, with it being so hugely popular this year - one lucky Chocolate and Beyond reader is going to be able to win a pair of tickets (which are £15 each plus booking fee) to see Caravan Palace on the evening of Friday 24th! Woohooo!
This is one hot potato of a prize, for sure. I LOVE this band - modern, electro-swing that really gets you grooving (have a listen to Dramophone, one of my favourites by them). It most certainly will be a highlight of the festival, and an amazing way to open it seeing as it is the first event.How to enter to be in with a chance to win:
Want to win tickets for the opening event of Bristol Vegfest this year, watching Caravan Palace live? Then ALL you have to do is share this post (anywhere you want - Twitter, Facebook, Google +, StumbleUpon, Reddit etc) AND leave a comment below, saying where you've shared!
You need to do this by 6pm on the 7th May 2013 (this may change, I am checking with the organisers, but for now - it is 7th May!).
So yes - it's as SIMPLE as that! To enter the prize draw for tickets to see Caravan Palace at Bristol VegFest, you need to:
1) Share this post on one (or more, if you're feeling generous!) of your preferred social media (Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Google Plus, etc).
2) Leave a comment below to say where you've shared!
When you leave your comment, ensure to enter your email in the email field (NOT IN THE COMMENT ITSELF), so that I can contact you easily for your address if you win.
DON'T delay entering this giveaway, because there is only a matter of days to have your entry counted.
Prize Draw Terms & Conditions (that is, the small print)
1. The final date of entry (subject to futher confirmation that may extend it) is 18.00 hours GMT on 7th May 2013. No entries can be considered after this.
2. You must follow the steps as described to enter. If not fully carried out, your entry is invalid.
3. Only one entry per person is allowed. Anyone who enters with multiple emails/comments will be disqualified.
4. The judge’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The prize cannot be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered.
5. The prize is subject to availability by the sponsor. No responsibility can be taken by Chocolate and Beyond on when or if the prize/s reach you. Once the competition closes the prize responsibility is entirely in the hands of the sponsor.
6. The prize draw winner will be randomly selected.
7. No automated entries allowed. These will be disqualified.