This Christmas just gone, I had been in receipt of the wonderful new book 'Vegan Food Gifts' by the even more wonderful Joni Marie Newman, who is author of the famous veggie burger bible, The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet. This meant that many of my loved ones got given hand-made jars of all things nice and vegan from me this year, thanks to some of the ideas in the book.
I was very excited about the arrival of Vegan Food Gifts. It was full of intriguing and creative ways to make unique gifts that are so much better than anything you can buy in the shops. I was most interested in making up jars from the 'Just Add Water' section - I did the Fudgy Brownie Mix, the Spicy Taco Mix, and a couple of others. My recipients seemed to be very pleased with their gifts!
In the book, you'll also find wonderful ideas for wrapping, packaging and sprucing up your gifts to make them look lovely. And there are many baked goods as well as ideas for infusions such as oil and alcohol, plus special 'boxed sets' and hampers to conjure up. I was very impressed.
What I like most is that it means you can give people thoughtful and interesting gifts that you have put a lot of effort into, that they will use, and that are meaningful. I have stopped wanting to just buy yet more 'stuff' for people to shove in the back of their cupboard, and this book brings gift-giving back to what it's supposed to be about - something given with love and care, not just something grabbed off the shop shelf last minute in a "That will do" moment.
And guess what? Joni Marie Newman (who I have also interviewed) has kindly agreed to give away a copy of Vegan Food Gifts to one of my readers!
Enter the Prize Draw
To enter the prize draw to win a copy of Vegan Food Gifts, all you have to do is leave a comment below THIS post to say that you'd like to enter.
The closing date is midnight on the 28th January 2013, and the winner will be drawn randomly afterwards and informed the following week.
Terms & Conditions (that is, the small print)
1. The final date of entry is 23.59 hous GMT on 28th January 2013. No entries can be considered after this.
2. You must follow the steps as described to enter. If not fully carried out, your entry is invalid.
3. Only one entry per person is allowed.
4. The judge’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The prize cannot be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered.
5. The prize is subject to availability by the sponsor. No responsibility can be taken by Chocolate and Beyond on when or if the prize/s reach you. Once the competition closes the prize responsibility is entirely in their hands.
6. The prize draw winners will be randomly selected.
7. The prize draw is open to entries worldwide.
8. No automated entries allowed. These will be disqualified.